Using Nuix, Incident Response Solutions processed 6 TB of data and provided contracted investigators with the ability to review millions of unstructured records for evidence of wrongdoing
A large New Zealand company needed to investigate an employment matter. Allegations had been made in relation to misconduct by past and present employees. They determined that relevant data would exist on mobiles, laptops, servers and the cloud.
The company faced the challenge of conducting and completing the investigation within a three month window due to other factors.
Incident Response Solutions were engaged to undertake the forensic collection, processing and hosted review of the responsive data.
Working with legal counsel and contracted investigators, a responsive dataset was identified through an early case assessment process. The outputs of this process were still vast, so the decision which was made to use dedicated laptops for an expedited review.
The investigators reviewed a large quantity of emails and excel files amongst others, whereby a subset of evidence was located, which Incident Response Solutions then provided to legal counsel as a load file for importing into chosen litigation support software.
- Forensic tools was used to collect data from devices, with internal IT extracting cloud hosted email data
- Nuix software was used to process the collected data set
- Incident Response Solutions processed 6 Terabytes (TB) of data
- Using Nuix, Incident Response Solutions provided contracted investigators with the ability to review millions of unstructured records for evidence of wrongdoing
- Incident Response Solutions completed the engagement in accordance with the company’s deadline
The contents of this article are provided for demonstration purposes. Portions of the above may have been altered to maintain the confidentiality of our clients and may therefore contain information which differs from the actual engagement.